The “psychological decentralization barrier” of the ripple XRP ledger has been exceeded. This means that the company Ripple Labs now operates less than 50% of the XRP validation nodes. This affects the default “Unique Node List” (UNL) on the XRP ledger. In addition, Ripple Labs can no longer make one-sided decisions. This is to say that the XRP ledger is now really decentralized.
The UNL is part of the XRP ledger that can query a list of validators for each transaction. Each node in the network can choose its own UNL. Optionally, he can also follow the UNL provided by Ripple Labs.
Over the year so far, Ripple Labs has stuck to its roadmap. The goal was to slowly decentralize the XRP ledger. This should be done by including third parties as validators in the standard UNL. At the same time, Ripple agreed to remove its own validator for each validator included in the standard UNL.
That's exactly what happened during the previous months. As a result, Ripple Labs currently controls 10 of the 21 nodes of the standard UNL. As a result, the company only operates 48% of the validation nodes.In addition, every node in the network can decide for itself which UNL they want to follow to carry out their transactions. The result is an extra degree of decentralization through selection.
The various third-party validators on the ledger include many websites, services and crypto-exchanges related to Ripple-XRP. The first validator on the recommended UNL is “Bithomp,” a tool that provides tools for exploring the ripple XRP ledger. Some of the other validators of the standard UNL are:
– Bitso, a Mexican crypto exchange that is part of the xRapid network
– Brex.io, a subsidiary of a company called “Kompany” that offers payment solutions
– Coil.com, the company of former ripple CTO Stefan Tomas; The company's goal is to simplify online micro payments
– The Rabbit Kick Club, a community formed to run a validation node on the ripple XRP ledger
– XRP Tip Bot, the validator for the tip app for Twitter and Reddit users
– Telindus Cloud, a cloud and telecommunications service provider that joined RippleNet in August of last year
– ATTokyo, a Japanese data center in Tokyo
– Flagship Solutions Group, a technology service provider
– Railway Station, a Swedish internet service provider
– Worldlink US, a global technology solutions company
This shows that the ripple XRP ledger is now decentralized. So there are 11 third-party validators on the UNL. Once more of the remaining ripple validators have been replaced by third parties, the network would have reached a high degree of decentralization.
Source: Mini Validator List, Pixabay
Author: Peter Joost – Source Post: https://www.kryptovergleich.org/ripple-xrp-ist-jetzt-dezentralisiert-der-stellar-lumens-konkurrent-kontrolliert-noch-48/
Disclaimer: CoinNewsDesk.com is a crypto news portal, financial discussion forum, and content curator / aggregator. Articles on Coin News Desk are provided for entertainment and information purposes only. We are not an investment advisor and do not provide financial advice.
We can not review all articles posted on CoinNewsDesk.com. Please independently research and verify any information here before relying on it as fact. It's also important to do proper due diligence and analysis, including consulting a professional financial advisor. No content on Coin News Desk makes any recommendation to enter into any type of investment or engage in any investment strategy on this website.